Wednesday, May 26, 2010

David Cassidy sends Thanks to Rick's fans

Yesterday, I got an email from David Cassidy's wife saying that David wanted to express his gratitude to Rick's fans, and knowing that I am also a big Rick fan she asked if I could help get the word to Rick's fans. I told her if David emails me his message, I will immediately post it to the RS fan boards, and how Rick fans would appreciate David's thanks. So here is David's message to all the Rick fans who attended Saturday's show. I am so happy for both sides!! - Barbara Pazmino

To all Rick Springfield fans,

Something extraordinary occurred on Saturday night in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was the first time in 40 years of touring and doing concerts that I felt genuine fear and anxiety about going on stage, hoping and praying that another artist's fans would stay and accept me as a replacement for the man they came to see.

I was truly blown away at the class and integrity, the love and the enthusiasm for me which was totally unexpected.

As Rick Springfield fans, you all should be very proud of your character, your soul and your goodness.

I know (as I have a lot of fantastic fans myself), how proud Rick must feel having people as amazing as you are.

It was a night I will never, ever forget. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for being so gracious and so supportive. I hope one day, my fans would do the same for Rick, if the opportunity ever presents itself.

With much love and respect,

God bless,

David Cassidy

No comments: