Saturday, June 9, 2007

Family Affair

Henderson, NV
Green Valley Ranch
Ovation Lounge
6/8/07

This trip is a family affair for Rick. He was joined by his wife, his Mom, his kids and some of their friends. He made a joke during the show that if anybody's friends had trouble getting tickets it was because half the room was his family. He said that his mom was out there and that she was the old lady with her fingers in her ears. He said "The only problem with playing a place this small is I think I know most of you by your first names." There was a license plate frame on the stage and Rick picked it up and started to read it - "My dream ride is...." then he said "That's rude, I can't say that, my mom is in the audience. Where is that old broad? Don't start me on my mom, she's so great now, but boy you should have seen her when I was 15 or 16. She was tough." Someone was wearing an EFX t-shirt and he said "did I really think that was a good looking shirt? I look like a girl and I'm holding a pink guitar." He offered to give her money back. He said "I think I look better now, don't I?" (actually he looked pretty good back then). "I think that was my gay period." (hey, what about the 70's?). Then Packy and Sal (his assistant at EFX and a member of the EFX cast) were also in the audience and he had Packy sing during DTTS (and she sang "born in the USA" and Rick laughed). He said this was kind of like playing in his living room, only his living room was bigger. He also said that he needed to finish early because they were going to go see "Love". Then he said "I'm kidding, I am going to go see "Love" but I won't finish the show early, I promise" (the show seemed pretty short). While Rick was out in the audience, he said "Hey, who pinched my ass? Hey my Mom is in the audience, you can't pinch my butt! and then he said "Mom, they're pinching by butt, what should I do?"
Set List:
Who Killed Rock N Roll
Will I?
Affair of the Heart
Alyson
I've Done Everything for You
Rock of Life
Red House
Don't Talk to Strangers
The Medley
Love Somebody
My Generation
Human Touch
Jessie's Girl
Love is Alright Tonite
Oh yea, one more thing. Once Rick noticed the big screens over to the side, he kept looking up at them. Not sure what he was looking at, though.

No comments: