Monday, April 23, 2007

15 Days

May 22, 2003. This was the 3rd show in 3 nights. Probably the most "normal" of the 3 shows. Rick performed 3 songs that he hadn't performed any of the other two nights - Love Me Do, Souls, and The Medley. Ronnie played drums on Souls, Rodger had issues with that song for a long time. I miss the original Medley - I miss Everybody's Girl, Carry Me Away, Bruce and Stand Up, and the chorus part of What Kind of Fool Am I? The new Medley is very clever with the Jessie's Girl tease, and sticking in IGE so we still get to hear it, but now that the "new" has worn off of it, I find myself missing the original one. And during Gloria, we got a bit of a switch. Instead of "bathtub Gloria" we got "remote Gloria". Rick was in the "parlor" instead of the bathroom and he was watching tv. The lyrics went something like this: She knocks upon my door. I open it up and I say "come in baby". We walk into the parlor, it's called a parlor where I come from, we sit down on the couch, something's playing on the tv, I don't know what, and I put my arm around her, and I try to move in, she says this is bullshit, she takes her hand and she reaches right between my legs, and she gets the remote, and says "I hate Matlock". I say I do too baby, so lets go upstairs. I take her upstairs and I lay her down on the bed. She grabs my tie, which is really strange because I'm not wearing a tie, and she makes me feel alright........

Is Rick's wardrobe starting to look familiar? Are those the same pants he wore all 3 nights and the same shirt he wore the 1st night? Hmmmm, I can't tell..

The full set list was:
Affair of the Heart
I've Done Everything For You
Alyson
Love Me Do
Gloria
Don't Talk to Strangers
I Get Excited
Fire
Souls
The Medley
You Really Got Me
State of the Heart
Love Somebody

Human Touch
Jessie's Girl
idontwantanythingfromyou
Kristina
Love is Alright Tonite


more photos from the concert can be found on the concert page.

No comments: