Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Two Weeks

Before I get started on the Milwaukee countdown, I understand Dr. Noah Drake was on GH today. Woo hoo. I'm out of town, so can't blog that until tomorrow.

Fourteen days until Milwaukee 2007 begins. Well, 3 nights seemed to work out pretty good in 2003, so how about 4 nights in 2004 (I'm beginning to see a trend here). The great thing about these shows is they took place during the SDAA tour, and what a tour that was. Fresh new songs to accompany the standards, and what great songs they were! We got 7 songs from SDAA during this show. Very nice! Right after Red House, Rick says "bring me my harmonica" and someone did. Then he said "bring me my wine" and someone did. I guess he was impressed with his requests being fulfilled so easily, so he says "bring me my bag of Rolexes.....bring me my Ferrrari (with a bitch in the back)." Before he went into "I Should Have Known Better" he said they really didn't know it but they'd try it, and it sounded pretty good. Later he broke into a short version of Brown Sugar, but they didn't seem to really know it and he seemed to really want to do a Stones song, so then he went into "The Last Time". Right before Jessie's Girl, he made the promise of doing lots of new stuff the next night "but we'll always do this one" (then went into JG). Then at the end of the show, another promise of new stuff the following night, and the promise of "naked night" on Saturday.

So, you know how when you go to buy tickets for a show, and the people selling you the tickets try to tell you that "there's not a bad seat in the house"? Well, Potawatomi is the one place where that's actually kind of true. Rick really does roam around the venue and there's an excellent chance you'll be up close and personal at one point during the show. And more so if you are sitting in a booth. The featured picture today, emphasizes that point.
The complete set list for the show was as follows:
I'll Make You Happy
Will I?
Affair of the Heart
I've Done Everything For You
Rock of Life
Red House
I Should Have Known Better
Beautiful You
I Get Excited
Brown Sugar
The Last Time
State of the Heart
Love Somebody
Jesus Saves
You Really Got Me
Kristina
Tiger by the Tail
Inside Silvia
Speak to the Sky
Eden
Human Touch
Jessie's Girl
Perfect
Wasted

More pictures can be found in the concert section.

No comments: