Friday, April 27, 2007

11 Days (or He took a licking and kept on ticking)

Eleven more days (2 more weekends, one more work week) until the fun begins!

The show on Saturday May 8, 2004 was almost a carbon copy of the show from Thursday night. The only song slightly out of the ordinary was "I Should have Known Better", which had been played earlier in the week. All 4 shows for the week pretty much started out with the same 7 or 8 songs. It wasn't really as much of a mixed bag for the week as one might expect for 4 shows in the same city in one week. On the upside, lots of songs from SDAA and 4 nights in a row of Rick Springfield without having to travel between nights to do it. Early on in the show, Rick asked "Who has been here all 4 nights", then said "you're a bunch of sick f#cks. I'll drink to you. We couldn't have this party without you.".

The stand out moment for this show might have been when an audience member asked if she could lick his stomach, and he let her. Here's a little bit of detail about that. During DTTS, Rick asked someone to sing (Linda) who didn't really want to, but she finally did. After Rick was done with the song, Linda wanted to ask Rick some questions. Rick said since she was brave enough to sing, she gets to ask a question. She apparently asked him something about cutting his hair (indicating that she thought he should). Rick said "wow, you guys are friggin tough critics.....would you like me to cut my hair? How many say yes? (some of the crowd reacts). How many say no (huge crowd reaction). I'm going to shave my head tomorrow just to piss you all off." Then Rick asks Linda "what's your other question? Rick says "if you can WHAT? It's your birthday, and what would you like for your birthday, to do what to my stomach? (I think this was Linda's friend, not Linda and this is when she asked to lick his stomach). Then he says something about "when did I loose control of this f#cking show?" She told him she had permission from her husband. Rick says "that's a damn good husband. Does he have a sister?" (then Rick having a pretend conversation as if he's asking to do the same sort of thing) "Honey, I'll be right back, I just want to shag the girl across the street. Don't mind me, I'll be right back. By the way, can you have some eggs ready and some steak. When I come back, I'll be kind of hungry, she's a bit of a wild one". Then in a high voice (that actually sounds like when he's imitating his mother) he says "yes dear".... Then, she licks his stomach. Not one lick, she pretty much goes after it. Rick: "Wow, I think we just went x-rated right there. Now that's a first. How many of you have been to concerts where an audience members has licked the guys stomach? Give me 5 sister, I think we're in the Guinness book of records. How was it for you? Pretty damn good for me, I'll tell you that. (see picture insert)
After Rick performed Jesus Saves, he said "Thank God he does, or I would be so f#cked. I've done a lot of bad things in my life".....
Oh, have I mentioned that it is the opinion of some that Rick might have been a bit buzzed on this night......

Full set list:
I'll Make You Happy
Will I?
Affair of the Heart
I've Done Everything for You
Rock of Life
Red House
Don't Talk to Strangers
Beautiful You
I Should have Known Better
I Get Excited
Fire
State of the Heart
Love Somebody
Jesus Saves
You Really Got Me
Kristina
Human Touch
Perfect
Wasted
Jessie's Girl
Speak to the Sky
idontwantanythingfromyou
Love is Alright Tonite

More pictures from this show can be found in the concert section.

According to ticketmaster, Friday and Saturday nights for this year are sold out.

No comments: