Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nine Days

We are now down to single digits! May 11, 2005 was the 2nd show for the week, and the only night of any real fan requests. He broke into Waltzing Matilda and part way through, when he got to the part "he watched and waited til his billy boiled", he stopped and said " what the hell, this is a rude song" (I think someone had the lyrics and that's an alternative version, maybe?). He did a little bit of Eleanor Rigby, and said "I bastardized that song when I was 19 years old" (actually, I believe that Zoot got some critical acclaim for that). He went on to do a few more requests before going back to the the "normal" show. The fan request part is so much fun, hopefully he'll do more of that this year. He also did IGE early and caught everyone off guard. He really should have done that more often because it seemed to work much better. One thing that was kind of weird is there were no songs from TDAY during this show.

The full set list for the night was:
I'll Make You Happy
Will I?
Affair of the Heart
IDEFY
Rock of Life
Red House
I Get Excited
Gloria
Oh Well (both verses)
Waltzing Matilda
Speak to the Sky
Eleanor Rigby
Motel Eyes
For No One
DTTS
Love Somebody
You Really Got Me
Jesus Saves
Kristina
Human Touch
Jessie's Girl
Perfect
Wasted
Love is Alright Tonite

More pictures from the concert can be found in the concert section.

No comments: