Packard Music Hall
June 26, 2014
Review by: B. Dahl
Photo by Mike Gerken
- New concert intro (with video on screen) fits well with the 'End of the World' theme and starts the concert out with a bang!
- On keyboards: Brett Tuggle (Rick's keyboardist during the 80's tour) - also guitar for a few songs.
- If you can take your eyes off Rick long enough, watch the new drummer, Jorge Palacios. He really rocks it out during 'Jessie's Girl'.
- Rick wore dark sunglasses during the entire show (even though they fogged up and he had to clean them a few songs in). He said he wasn't trying to be cool, but had to wear them because he poked himself in the eye.
- Rick introduced 'Roar' by saying he's all for "girl power".
- Before having the kids he brought on-stage sing during 'Don't Talk to Strangers', Rick asked them to dance first - and got a surprise when the 7-yr-old boy started breakdancing!
I've Done Everything for You
I Get Excited
Our Ship's Sinking
Affair of the Heart
Roar (Katy Perry cover)
I Hate Myself
Bob Medley (Bop 'Til You Drop/Celebrate Youth/Calling All Girls/Jessie's Girl snippet/Don't Walk Away/State of the Heart/What Kind of Fool Am I
Love Is Alright Tonite
Wild Thing (The Troggs cover)
Human Touch (in the audience - didn't venue out as far as he normally does)
You & Me (acoustic)
My Father's Chair (acoustic)
Love Screws Me Up (acoustic)
Don't Talk to Strangers (brought 3 kids on stage)
We Can Work It Out (Beatles cover)