Sunday, July 8, 2007

Arlington Heights, IL Show report

Arlington, Heights, IL 7/07/07
Frontier Days Festival
by Amy Krueger
(photo by Hannah Krueger)

Believe it or not, Rick and the boys almost started on time! It was great to get the show going, because it was HOT, and that was before Rick came out.He started with Who Killed Rock and Roll, those that knew it sang along and those that didn't seemed mesmerized. There were several people walking through who stopped to listen. He kept the show going from one song right into the next. Not a lot of talking, but it was hot for us, so I can only imagine how hot it was for the guys on stage.After four songs, he did a little guitar jam and then said "he plays pretty good for a doctor!" The crowd went wild. Then he asked if he had white fuzz on his face from the towels. He got a mixed reaction from the crowd, but chose somebody to get it off. One rule "Don't touch my butt". Back on stage for Red House and DTTS, then into the/a medley. I think they keep getting longer. During DTTS he said that everybody was doing good. Got a couple of kids to sing Taylor was cute. She had been dancing through the whole concert and he made her come closer to the stage to sing. Ed sang too. He cropped up later on. Also, there was one little boy ( I didn't catch his name), when Rick gave him the mic he said "What am I supposed to sing?" It was cute!He did the Nakked butt song, and then headed to the audience. He asked for a chair, and I think he was standing on it. He said something about it breaking and he moved, but it was hard to see for sure through the mob of people. While he was in the audience, he gave Ed permission to touch his butt, more than once. Said he needed Ed to help hold him up. He also said "It's okay, we've already sang together." He did two more songs before introducing the band and then leaving the stage.The guys came out for the encore. Rick was shirtless and I think that was when the crowd screamed the loudest, or maybe that was just me. They only did one song for the encore and they were off. Over all, it was a great show. Nice to see so many people come out to see Rick (did I hear 5- 6,000?!?!?) It was hot, but not unbearable, and I think everybody had a great time.

Set List:
Who Killed Rock N Roll
Will I?
Affair of the Heart
Alyson
I've Done Everything for you
Rock of Life
Red House
DTTS
MEDLEY:
Bop Til You Drop,
Celebrate Youth,
Calling All Girls,
JG snippet,
Don't Walk Away,
State of the Heart,
What Kind of Fool am I?,
IGE,
Bop Til You Drop

Love Somebody
My Generation (in the audience)
Human Touch
Jessie's Girl
ENCORE:Love Is Alright tonite

No comments: