Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rick Springfield as Dr Noah Drake returned to General Hospital today!


Dr Noah Drake returned to General Hospital.

Noah returned to General Hospital to a less than warm welcome from Patrick. Patrick needs someone to assist him in surgery and Noah walks up and says "will I do?" Patrick asks "What are you doing here?" Noah answers "What kind of greeting is that for your dear old Dad?" A nurse runs up to Noah saying "So the rumors of your impending return were true! Welcome back Dr Drake." She hugs him and Noah says "thank-you sweetie" (this was all Rick Springfield lol) Patrick asks "so while you were running around telling the entire staff you were here, did you even bother to call your son?" Noah said "You know I thought about it and then I thought about the inevitable fight and decide to put that off as soon as possible." Patrick says "I don't want to fight, I'm actually glad you are here." Noah "What's the punch line?" Patrick says "it would have been nice to get a heads up before you joined Dr's Without Borders instead of just disappearing." Noah "Did you try looking for me?" Patrick "Touche" Noah explains that he had slipped up(drinking) and was ashamed so he checked himself into rehab. When he got out he still felt vulnerable and it scared him. He thought he needed distance. So he joined Dr's Without Borders because it gave him that and something meaningful to do. Patrick was pleased "That's great, I'm impressed" Noah "Impressed enough to let me assist?" Patrick accepts Noah's offer to assist as long as he only assists and doesn't tell him what to do! As Noah and Patrick walk away Epiphany laughingly says "it warms the heart to see such a loving connection between father and son"

Surgery

The scene opens with Noah and Patrick in surgery and catching up. Noah asks Patrick how he a Robin are doing, are they fighting or living in bliss? Patrick says a little of both, Robin is complicated and asks Noah" how was Dr's Without Borders?" Noah says "amazing you should try it sometime." After Patrick doesn't take Noah's advice during surgery. Noah asks, when Robin assists does he blow off her advice too? Patrick says that's the beauty of pregnancy, she's not on the surgical rotation. Noah "wait Robin is pregnant?" Patrick "I guess I didn't tell you that did I?" Noah asks if he is the father, Patrick "What kind of question is that, of course I'm the father".

The next surgery scene has Noah saying "I'm absolutely flabbergasted, you and Robin planned a pregnancy?" Patrick says " What difference does that make?" Noah "I take that as a no." Patrick said it was an accident. Noah said "I hope that Robin has a plan B." Patrick "What do you mean by that?" Noah "I hope she is planning on raising the baby on her own and not under any illusion that you will be any kind of father." Patrick "you've just proved for the millionth time that you know nothing about me. I'm committed to Robin and this child" Noah "I hate to be the voice of reason but this is a disaster in the making here Patrick." Patrick "Yeah well at least I'm not an alcoholic." Noah "nice low blow" Patrick "Thanks lets close this up"

Noah meets Anna

Patrick and Noah come out of surgery and the run into Anna in the lobby. Noah and Anna are happy to see each other and share a big hug. Anna asks "What do you think of this soon to be upon us blessed event?" Noah "Oh yeah grandparents, ya hoo" in a less than enthusiastic tone. Anna "Yes it's horrifying" Anna says she wants to talk to Patrick because Robin is really nervous about the court thing. Noah asks "what court thing?" Patrick says he is suing Robin for visitation with their child. Noah says "Are you serious, you selfish ass." Patrick "Excuse Me?" Noah "You drop this lawsuit immediately or I'm putting myself on Robins witness list."

No comments: