Friday, August 10, 2007

Rockin Westbury


North Fork Theatre (formerly Westbury Music Fair)
Westbury, NY Aug 8th 2007

Review & photo by Rosie Malthaner

Rick & the boys made their way to the East Coast on the day of one of the worst rain storms to hit us in quite a while. But they made it! Eddie Money played first and was better than the last time I saw him. His daughter was very good and I think that made the difference. It was a very mixed crowd since Eddie Money is from LI and he reminded us of that several times. But on to Rick! We didn't get the new opening video because Westbury is in the round, which means the stage rotates so everyone gets a view at some point. He opened with Who Killed R&R, which never gets old for me. lol The set list was pretty standard for this show (See below). During Red House, the guitar bit back and Rick was bleeding so he asked for a band aid and of course received one. He was hoping for a super hero one, but he got a Winnie the Pooh one! Sorry Rick, can't have everything. lol. I believe he made a comment or two about playing a Dr.

DTTS
Then he was on to DTTS. He went over to a section that had a bunch of kids and had them sing from the audience. They gave him a bunch of roses that he brought up on stage and made a comment about it being like an award show and thanked the Academy for them. Then he brought the cutest little girl on stage with him, had her do a little dance and sing. Their backs were to my section but it was really cute. We got the medley next and I have to say I love the Jessie's Girl teaser. Its funny to see everyone go wild only for him to go into Don't Walk Away.

I'm Coming out there!
Time to come out into the audience. George & Rick have their Brokeback Mtn moment, only to find his guitar has a broken string. So off comes the head set and he grabs a mike and starts Love Somebody. Moving a few rows into the audience, while George frantically tried to fix it. Once it was fixed George brought the head set & guitar into the audience and hooked Rick up, where he started is journey into the Theatre in the round. Security followed him this time since last year he fell pretty good, and he managed to fall again this time too. He made most of the way around before coming back to the stage for JG. No Jesus Saves though. He did make a cell phone call during My Generation, someones Dad I believe.

It can't be over yet!
Back to the stage for the last song. He introduced the band and since it is in the round they have to make their way off stage up the isle so off they went for a few minute break before the encore. Back for the encore Rick had on his GH shirt (Which I have always loved) and played Love is All Right Tonight. Only a one song encore and then it was over! But their would be more the next night for me! More on that special night later!!!!

Set List
I'm not really good with set lists, so if I miss anything leave a comment and I will add it!
Who Killed R&R
Affair of The Heart
Allyson
I've Done Everything for You
Rock of Life
Red House
DTTS
The Medley
Love Somebody
My Generation
Human Touch
Jessie's Girl

Encore
Love is All Right Tonight

No comments: