Friday, August 31, 2007

Flashback Friday

Go-Set November 20, 1971
"I'm Two Different People"

When I think back on the few occasions I've met Rick Springfield at the occasional pop reception or party, I've never seen him speak more than a few words.
With Speak to the Sky raising a storm on the charts and a contract with America's Capitol Records, Rick has a lot happening. However, the thought of interviewing him seemed a tough one: I imagined that getting a few words out of him would be like pulling a wisdom tooth.
Luckily, that wasn't the case. Rick readily admists that he's shy, but he can talk intelligently and enthusiastically on any subject.
He's one of the few people in business who seems genuinely unaffected by the several scenes he has been trhough. At 22 he has had a very chequered past and probably has an even more exciting future ahead. "I first became interested in music by miming Shadows records, using a tennis racquet as a guitar", he says. (continued)

No comments: