Monday, October 8, 2007

Phoenix Review

Phoenix, AZ
Maricopa Events Center
9/30/07
review and photo by Christine Reed

Rick was PERFCT on Sunday. Need I say more? Okay, okay I know you want more details.
The audience was so excited they kept rushing the stage before the show even opened up, security kept sending them back to their seats time and time again. Finally we were allowed up front and I swear it was a flash back to my first Rick concert in the 80’s smashed up against the stage! He opened with WKRNR and it’s even better live then on I tunes and I don’t have to tell you that it totally ROCKS on I tunes. I don’t know how the ladies who post the whole set list keep track; writing things down was the last thing on my mind! It was a pretty basic 80’s hit set… plus Bath Tub Gloria with the doctor references, Red House, and My Generation.
For DTTS he brought the mic to a few kids in the audience, said one sounded like Satan and that was too funny! Then they started hopping on stage, so he had them line up. What he did not know was that as he was moving down the line, Bucky and the band were having more and more kids jump up. He kept saying “hey where did you come from?” But he made sure they all sang and gave them each hugs and a kiss on the head when they were done… How cool is that?
I wondered how he would get out in the crowd since I now intimately knew the five people in my four inch space! He did Human Touch in the crowd… What a BRAVE man… he made it back to maybe where fifth row should have been I am guessing. There was apparently a butt grab because he called someone on it! Played a lil slide with someone’s cell phone and called the bank and left a message. He said he would like to make a withdrawal. He also said we’d be over for beer and pizza. Bet that was hilarious on Monday morning!
Then the women started jumping on stage… I have never seen or heard of so many. They just kept coming from both sides… Bucky and George were very good at dragging them off, carrying them off, and recovering from being taken down themselves. One woman made several attempts to get to Rick finally took the opportunity when another one was coming from the other side to sneak on stage and try to go behind the curtain. I think she got into a bit of trouble…. One got a quick touch of Rick and was shaking her fist proudly in the air as George carried her off! During the encore there was one last Rick Jumper and he picked her up and swung her around in a circle!
The whole show was simply AMAZING and I did not want the weekend to end. The man is addicting… I just want more!

No comments: